Thursday, November 16, 2006

Nearly Friday

Today was just so hectic. I had 2 4 hour meetings to run 50 miles apart so I was flying around the motorway network like a thing possessed. Missed lunch and was feeling very light headed by the time I got home. It was quite strange, the meetings were technically identical, progress meetings with people who are testing an IT application but the reactions were opposite. One was really positive, one was totally negative. Strange how the same thing can affect people in different ways.

Funnily enough, both turned into counselling sessions too, one with someone suffering from stress and potentially being bullied by their manager, the other was worried about a friend within the business who is under a lot of strain.

I'm glad tomorrow's meeting is cancelled, I have lots to catch up on.

SR update, he has removed me from his MSN list and although we haven't talked that way in weeks I suppose I felt that all the time I was on there perhaps we could get the friendship back? The relationship is damned but I just miss him so much. By the time I had sat in traffic for an hour and a half to get home I was feeling tearful.

Stupid I know. I was doing relatively well until then.

I had to get a new pc today as my old laptop went 'poof' last night. It's not my month! (I have lost 6 lbs since the big bust up though, that's nearly half a stone!!!)

Always try to see a positive!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch, being removed from MSN friends list is ouch ouch. I am just trying to work out something for you to do that will make you feel better. Do you have an email address just for him that you can set with an automatic response to him should he email you....something along the lines of:

"I am in the greek isles at the moment with my new millionaire boyfriend, I shall respond to your email in due course"

Something like that perhaps?

Bastard!!!!

Chin up Bridge you want Mr Darcy not HIM.

rosebud

The Real Bridget Jones said...

Thank you Rosebud, reading that made me laugh out loud this morning.

There is potentially a Mr Darcy on the horizon but I need to take things slowly. My emotions are way too volatile to subject somebody to at the moment. He is aware of my Mr Wickham though to continue the theme, and is prepared to wait.

He is the guy I called 'coffee man'.

Thanks again Rosebud, you've set me up for the day.

Bridget

Walter said...

I think "Coffee Man" is an apt name. You don't chug a hot cup of java, you sip it slowly, leisurely. Keep taking your time with CM, it's doing ya good. ;)

The Real Bridget Jones said...

Hi Walter,

He is certainly getting my self confidence back on track. Who knows what the future holds but it will be just that, the future. I'm way to screwed up over SR at the moment to subject the poor guy to my neuroses.