Monday, November 13, 2006

Back to work

Today was my first day back at work after my week off. Loads of e-mails and did you have a great holidays?. So of course I said yes. Not, well actually my boyfriend broke my heart.

The day went quite well and the hectic week I expected lightened a little as two appointments have postponed to a more quiet week.

I tried really hard to throw myself into my work, the first thing I did though was put his photo in the drawer. I kept him on my desk so that in a quiet moment I could look up and feel loved.

Now I look up and see the collection of stress balls I came away from an HR conference with. (Why do these companies always find it necessary to give you a stress ball?) Is the job that bad? Have I missed something?

Work actually went well, the jobs I put off until post holiday and thought would take forever I got done quite quickly, yay.

I'm hoping for a good sleep tonight, I feel like I've been awake for weeks, but then maybe I have?

Trying hard to bury my feelings. If I ignore them they may go away perhaps?

2 comments:

Walter said...

Don't totally ignore your feelings, especially the pain, but don't dwell on them. That's the trick, acknowledge their existence, but don't entertain them, if you do, it'll hurt too much, and if you totally blow them off, they never leave.

The Real Bridget Jones said...

Thank you Walter,

I've woken up a little more positive this morning. Trying the old 'What doesn't kill you must make you stronger' thought process. I've got a busy day at work ahead so hopefully that will keep me out of mischief?