Friday, November 17, 2006

Moral dilemma

The day was quite normal until half an hour ago. I had a relatively quiet day at work, did some studying, came home and gossiped with friends.

I am up to the half stone loss!!! Yippee.

Tomorrow I have made plans to see the coffee man. I am going over for lunch, then we are taking his dog for a walk along the beach. Later on he has made a booking in a very nice restaurant. Sounds like it should be a pleasant day. I am so nervous though. I am rather out of practice with all of this.

The thing that has shaken me though is the phone call. I answered and it was SR's 15 year old daughter. He is out with the girlfriend and not expected home until 11, but her friend has drunk all of his whisky. She wanted me to go over and take a replacement bottle with me so that he doesn't find out. In her words you know how angry he gets.

So, what do I do, the friend (and the daughter) sound very drunk so he will know anyway. But, is he likely to get violent? Could they bluff it if I replaced the bottle? But, if he was to find out would he be angry with her for involving me? What would be worst? I think I have to let her face the music. He has never hit his kids, he saved that for me and his ex-wife. I need to pray that he will be so loved up when he gets in that he doesn't notice.

I'm glad that she still feels she can call me. Had she had an accident or there was a peeping tom (there was one once before) I would have been over there like a shot and hang the consequences, her safety is more important. But there sounds to be a couple of them there so she should be ok. Shouldn't she?

I'll never know the outcome whatever I do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did the right thing. Had you taken the bottle over his daughter would never have bluffed her way out of it, he would have found out that you were there and accused you of interfering in his life, you would have been the BAD person. This way he has to take responsibility for his actions and going out leaving his daughter, not you. I bet he will find out that she called you and then he will start to wonder to himself..."why didnt bridget come running...she always comes running" and he is going to start to get a little bit edgy...as in you will have pushed him off balance a little.

So far as Mr Darcy, I am hoping with hope that he does not wear a wollen knitted reindeer jumper....if he does...well you know its going to be years and years of back and forth back and forth self torture and then a trip to Thailand and you are going to be arrested for smuggling drugs....not to mention your bum is gonna be splashed all over the BBC when you become a fireman for a day....

Fingers crossed the reindeer jumper doesnt prevail!

Hugs to you girl

rosebud

The Real Bridget Jones said...

In the cold light of day, why was I evenn considering buying hard alcohol for a 15 year old? Especially quite an immature one. They would not have been able to hide the fact that they had been drinking and I would have been seen to be encouraging that. That's how it would have been twisted.

As for the jumper? I don't think he's a reindeer jumper man, I'll keep you posted!!

Take care
Bridget,
P.S. I hope your dad is ok xx