Thursday, November 30, 2006

Am I feeling relieved or cheated?

SR text today to tell me that he had just dropped my stuff with my neighbour. That left me feeling a multitude of things. My god, I hope he was polite, my neighbours are lovely and I would be so embarrassed if he was obnoxious. Then I felt like I was cheated of a chance of closure.

They didn't say anything when I got there so hopefully he was ok.

I sat down to write my evening entry here and the phone rang. It was my old flame checking up on me and saying hello. We were chatting away when he blurted out that he had made a huge mistake when we split up 2 years ago and he wished he could turn the clock back. I adored the guy, he was a crazy Dutchman who always made me laugh. We parted because he had too many family commitments in Holland and had to move back temporarily. However, the last thing I need right now is the complication of a painful split, a budding romance and an old flame reigniting old sparks! Has life always been this complicated?

My day was laughably awful. I was late for work because I was blocked in by the bin wagon. On the walk from the car park to my office my heel snapped so I ended up diverting and buying a new pair of shoes. I went to print a document and the printer started throwing out hieroglyphics uncontrollably and I had to pull the plug to stop it. It took 5 hours to fix the problem. My carrier bag with the eggs in snapped and I have a lovely scrambled mess. I intend going to bed now and waking up when the world is normal!

(Is it safe to come out yet?)

2 comments:

Walter said...

It's safe, you can come out now.

The Real Bridget Jones said...

Thanks Walter, had my share for today!