Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Frosty

Today has been very very cold. I was down on the coast in a hotel that had no heating. I have not warmed up all day and am sat here in a thick jumper and still shivering.

My plans for tonight include a hot chocolate and a hot bath. There'll be candles and music and loads and loads of bubbles.

And warm towels, can't forget them. Maybe that will do the trick and thaw me out.

Tomorrow I am back on the road but coming home to my own bed again. I always sleep better at home. You hear every noise in a hotel on your own. Scary! (or am I just a wuss?)

I did some studying this afternoon when I got home, half a workbook, so I am feeling quite virtuous.

Stops me thinking and nibbling!

The coffee man text me before and promised to ring once his little girl has gone to bed. He has her twice a week. So, an evening to look forward to.

Until tomorrow

Bridget

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you say you were going down the East Coast? Gawd...you were probably in the Hotel opposite my Master's house...He was home....He definately would have made you a coffee and given you a glass of port to warm you!

Actually you mentioned you live South East England, would Ipswich be a fair guess?

Cheers

rosebud

The Real Bridget Jones said...

Hi Rosebud,
I'm in the next bit down in the middle of Kent. The hotel I was in was close to HMS Victory in Portsmouth. (Not the best of places for a girl on her own!!)

But I survived and got home to a lovely snug house.

Time to get on my travels again.

Take care

Bridget
-x-

Walter said...

Dear Freezing Bridget,
Sorry to hear your cold today, the hot bath and hot chocolate will do the trick. I always sleep better in my own bed, especially since it's king size.

The Real Bridget Jones said...

It did Walter, a hot bath and a warm drink, I was asleep when my head hit the pillow!

I love my own bed!!!