Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Back to school

Today was a study day in college. My head is now aching and full of management theory and techniques. We have a really good group and we are coming to the end of our first year together. We have our exams in February after which we go our separate ways for a year as we all study different things in year 2. I am the only one doing my set of modules so it will seem strange.

We were very badly behaved though and went out for a pub lunch and came back 10 minutes late. The service was really slow and we ended up bolting dinner but the tutor was really nice about it.

I am supposed to be doing an hour's study this evening but I am all studied out!

As far as the SR situation goes, I had to tell the guys at college what had happened today as they were all asking how he was. They were really supportive. Again it is amazing how many people turn around and tell you they didn't like someone but didn't like to say! So I got lots of hugs and told that the right man is out there for me and I deserve someone much better. A really nice ego boost. Thank you guys!

So, the question I need to ask is this:

If you do not like or trust a friend's partner should we tell them? I really feel like I wish someone had told me that they had alarm bells ringing when I was blinded by love.

But then the other question is this:

Do you risk losing a friendship by doing so??

Life is confusing but made better by good friends. Thanks to all of mine and to those that have offered me support on here.

2 comments:

Walter said...

I'm close with the people I call "friends", and they know me well enough that if someone they're dating is giving me bad vibes I will tell them about it. However the way I put it out there is very nonchalant and in no way would ever stress the relationship I have with one of my friends.

The Real Bridget Jones said...

That sounds like a good way to be. I wonder if it is the 'English Reserve' that stops it happening here?