Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Don't do it! Don't do it!

Again I tried to act normally today. Went to the garage this morning. Text him to apologise for my outburst last night. Yes I know, he probably didn't deserve an apology but I was well brought up.

Then I text him to see if we could end this affair in an adult fashion. Instead of sniping and shouting. Again - no response.

So then I reverted to childhood and text him and said if he didn't want to talk then perhaps I should have a chat with his ex-wife. She may be more eager. He ignored that too.

How can he go from loving and affectionate to just completely ignoring me and shutting me out of his life? I could never do that. But then I'm more emotional. He can switch his feelings on and off like a switch.

Is that just a man thing? I would really love to know. Is it possible to just forget someone like that? If so please someone, teach me how.

Keep singing that old song to myself, you know the one, 'I just don't know what to do with myself, ' it seems to fit the bill so well. I may not have been used to doing everything with him but he was always on my mind.

My heart is so heavy.

I've been trying to put the brave front on, flirting with the guy who keeps suggesting coffee. Even did some motorway flirting with a van driver this morning. But then reality sets in. I'm crap at relationships and nobody ever wants a long term relationship with me. What the hell is wrong with me?

Trying to make it a one blog day today. No more crises.

On a cheery note an old friend rang me today. He was passing a place where we used to meet up for coffee and he thought of me and called. We had a chat and he did wonders for my ego.

I need to concentrate on going forward. What's that saying?

The past is a foreign country we did things differently there!

That should be my motto. By all means analyse what went wrong but do it dispassionately and don't repeat the mistakes of the past.

Here ends the sermon :)

Bridget

P.S. I lost 2lbs in weight too!

3 comments:

Walter said...

Congratulations on your weight loss!

As for men shutting someone out, think of it as a safety reflex. Trust me on this, it's not that he doesn't have feelings for you, he does, but for whatever reason, whether they're made up, or from events that have happened, he's finding it too painful to go on, hence him shutting it all down and trying to forget you. Again, he does have feelings but they're too much for him to carry, and going into a cave is how most men handle it. Can you learn how to do this? Sure, but it'll cost you 12.95 and 2 box tops from Apple Jacks. :P

I'm sorry you have a heavy heart, but it does sound like you're also moving forward. You'll be fine.

The Real Bridget Jones said...

Thank you Walter. It's a really sad time at the minute. He always used to say I drove him mad, he was spontaneous and I'm not, I am soft and loving he is hard and practical. Opposites don't attract do they?

I appreciate your kind words and explanations. Still trying not to text him. 12 hours now!!!

Thanks again
Bridget
-x-

Walter said...

Opposites do attract, and in some couples they help bring balance to one another, but just because opposites do attract doesn't mean a relationship will definitely work out.

Just from what I read I can say the following items with sincerity. 1) Your better off without him. 2) You will get waaaaaay better than he ever was.