Wednesday, November 08, 2006

A feeling of calm?

Let's start with the confession, I did text him early this morning, but only to say that I hoped he would remember the good times we had had and hope that one day maybe we could be friends. That is the last text. Well, I may say happy birthday to him tomorrow.

Back to the garage today to get the radiator replaced on the car. Instead of the usual Polo courtesy car they gave me a people carrier. I needed a rope ladder to get into the driver's seat, boy those things are tall!

All was well until I went to the car-park. With a queue of traffic behind me that was not the time to practice reverse parking into a tight space in a different car. Especially as the reverse gear was in a different place to mine. I managed the manouevre with panache though and was pleased with myself.

I met up with my 'date' (the guy that's been asking me out for coffee) and spent the next three hours just talking, solidly. Wow! I didn't feel on edge, or guarded, or worried that what I said might make him flare up. I had forgotten what that is like.

From there I visited my mum as she lives in the same town. We had dinner and a good gossip about Xmas etc then I came home. I logged onto the pc to discover an ex had e-mailed me his number. We split up when he moved abroad 3 years ago but now he is back in the country and wants to make contact. What is happening this week? I have been trotting along peacefully for weeks and all of a sudden my life is tumultuous!

So, I text him back and suggested we had a coffee and catch up.

So, all in all, I'm feeling ok, still getting tearful occasionally when I'm on my own but the world will never know unless they stumble on this blog.

3 comments:

Walter said...

You're moving forward, and doesn't it feel GOOOOOOOOOOOOD ?

The Real Bridget Jones said...

Hi Walter,
I sure am trying. Still feel like I need closure but somehow don't think I'm going to get it. So, as my Grandad used to say 'no point wanting what you can't have, instead you should appreciate what you've got.' Kind of applies here too really?

Walter said...

I'd say what you're feeling is a little loss mixed in with a little disappointment. We all feel that way when a relationship ends, it's human. You're Grandad was right, appreciate what you've got, and what you've got right now is progress in the right area, and one other thing you haven't been really noticing. You have a lot of strength you're not crediting since you are moving forward.