Friday, November 24, 2006

Friday at last

It's been a long week with far too much driving. I know every inch of the M25, I have been parked on it all week and today was no exception.

I had a difficult day at work. I'm usually very patient but the manager today's favourite phrase was 'I'm just playing Devil's Advocate'. I was getting to the stage of just snapping 'I don't care what you are playing. This is the new system, you have to use it so just get on with it and stop whining on and on incessantly. It's not big and it's not clever!!' I never normally feel that annoyed with people. I tried to hide it but I'm not sure how successful I was. I think I'm just tired, a bit drained.

He was demoralising the other trainees too. It was so difficult to get them back up and interested.

Then it took me 2.5 hours to drive the 70 miles home. Perfect end to a perfect day.

So, it's time for a hot bath and bed. I am shopping with my mam tomorrow and then going over to Coffee Man's for dinner. So at least that should be a pleasant day.

3 comments:

Walter said...

Take a cricket bat with you to work, and the next time the schmuck says he's playing devils advocate tell him, "i'm playing cricket" then proceed to pummel him over the head. If you knock out his teeth, consider it a wicket falling. ;P

The Real Bridget Jones said...

That made me laugh Walter but considering the current English cricket results in Australia I may miss completely and wipe out the other delegates.

Maybe I should aim for them???

Anonymous said...

Ewwww!!!! lol!