Monday, December 11, 2006

Another day on the roads

I left home early this morning ready for a 9:30 meeting 200 miles away, unfortunately due to accidents and weather conditions I was 2 hours late. Oops!

Despite that the meeting went well. I then continued the journey up north for another hour and landed at the hotel 12 hours after leaving home. That's a total of 7.5 hours on the road. And I wonder why I hate driving!

This evening I plan a quiet night catching up with my e-mails and old friends. I should be studying but I have been so very tired all day I don't think it would be worthwhile.

I'm feeling relatively placid most of the time at the minute. The worst is over. I haven't forgotten the baby, but, as happened last time, after the due date things are not so hormonal. I still feel so very very sad, but the desperation of needing SR is not so strong.

I feel dreadful that I can still think in those terms now I am seeing a lovely guy. Coffee Man is everything SR wasn't. He is steady and stable, well liked by a range of people. He doesn't sleaze over other women when we are out. His mates are enthusiastic about us. SR had only a couple of friends who were very guarded, but perhaps that was because they saw a different girl on his arm everytime and had to be secretive? I am growing very very fond of Coffee Man and he has plans to introduce me to his daughter, possibly next weekend depending on the arrangements with his ex. He needs to swap some work shifts around.

I am scared though. Scared of falling for him, that is why when I talk to the Dutch guy I get a buzz. I also need to confess that the person in a previous blog who turned the guy down was me. I told him yesterday about Coffee Man and he was very upset and angry. Life is so very complicated!

No comments: