Friday, January 12, 2007

Study!

I spent the whole day going over the first module of my course. I can't remember half of it but the other half came flooding back, go on, ask me a question about the European Union or the IMF. Tomorrow shall be regulation and corporate social responsibility, I can hardly wait.

I had intended doing that today too but I had lost the will to live.

I chatted with Coffee Man tonight and a friend of his who I have become friends with has asked me to go to the cinema with her tomorrow. She knows all about the wobble I had earlier in the week. He seems to tell her everything and I'm not sure how I feel about that. He spent the day with her Tuesday when I was working. Now I'm not jealous of her, although when she had a glass or two to many she had mentioned that he used to hold a torch for her. I'm just concerned that there are three in the relationship.

I need to think, nothing is ever simple.

Tomorrow, is study, see my poor mam and make sure she is ok, and then go to the cinema.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Firstly I wouldnt like it if Coffee Man tells this women personal, secret things, intimate things that you have told him. You need to distinguish wheher these are intimate things, or whether he just cant stop talking about you because he likes you so much. You also need to work out whether she exaggerates what he has said to her own benefit.

I would personally be a little wary of the woman, is it now that all of a sudden she is interested in him as his attention has turned to you and not her any more?

Are they "just friends" and really and truthfully if you think about it, how many men and women are "just good friends" unless the man is gay? In my experience "Just good friends" doesnt exist.

I dont think you need to worry about the way he feels for you, I think you need to worry more about the girl you are going to the cinema with...I think she is jealous and I think she is trying to become your friend, as well as his confidant and is playing both of you.

Gawd rosebud that sounds SOOOO paranoid....but....I just wonder what she is on about. I dont mean to upset you, and perhaps I am completely wrong, but you must also have concerns otherwise you wouldnt write about it....go with your instincts hon and just be a little wary.

The problem is not Coffee Man, its her.

Love and hugs and CHIN up,

rosebud3cc

The Real Bridget Jones said...

Thank you rosie, you have put into words some of the things that have been running through my brain.
I trained as a counsellor and I don't know whether I'm being underhand or not, but she does open up to me a lot, hence encouraging the friendship.I'm trying to see exactly where the land lies.
He told her about Monday night when he was cold and offhand and I was ready to walk away, they spent the day together on Tuesday and she said that she told him to apologise to me.

I don't think there is anything physical there, but I have not asked if there ever was. There is certainly a strong bond there. I am feeling wary I must admit. I find myself running through scenarios where I have spoken to people professionally about similar issues and the thoughts I have had then.
I don't know if I'm being too dispassionate, whether previous experience has made me nervous and suspicious.

Let's see what the day holds.
Thank you for your wise words, it needs somebody to say them to you sometimes doesn't it?

Take care, hugs and kisses
Bridget
xxxx
He told her about