Saturday, February 24, 2007

Wet wet wet

Well, the slight leak I discovered Thursday, after many attempts to resolve and locate the problem has turned into a major leak. In fact leak is an understatement - flood or deluge may be more appropriate.

Coffee Man was great, when he rang to say goodnight he realised I was upset and came over, arriving at 11.30pm, we worked until 2 trying to fix it to no avail. He worked all day with multiple tips to DIY sheds and plumbers merchants (why do they still close at midday?) until we admitted defeat at 3. He had to go to work tonight and there were things he should have been doing today.

I got an emergency plumber (or should that be extortionate plumber? - £150 for an hour's work!!!!!!!!!!!) and it is fixed. I hope. Now I need to address the problem of no ceiling in my hallway and the walls are soaked. It needs replastering and redecorating now. That was not in the project plan!

So much for a leisurely weekend - the first one with no study in a year.
Sheesh!

Coffee Man was really good this weekend even though I had a long discussion with him last night about "us". I explained how distant I was feeling, how lost and insecure. I said I wasn't sure where we were going about perhaps we should take a break. He doesn't want to and wants to try again.

Just have to wait and see I suppose.

I've not made any arrangements with the Dutchman for coffee yet.To tell the truth I'm scared. Rosie you were so spot on in yesterday's reply. So spot on I didn't get through it without tears.

Time will tell what will happen.



No comments: