Tuesday, February 06, 2007

A day in the smoke

I was in the east end of London all day today, within sight of the Millenium Dome and Canary Wharf. I hate driving round there, they all charge around and know where they are going. Carve you up and dive through impossible gaps. But it is interesting none the less.

The day was productive and we got lots done. I was quite cheerful when I left with the feeling of a job well done. I called into Bluewater on the way home and bought myself a lovely new suit. Where my shape has changed some of my suits are a little baggy now so I thought I had better start rebuilding the wardrobe. I have a big meeting on Thursday and I wanted to feel smart and confident. I shall practise putting my hair up tomorrow. I usually leave it wild and curly.

The journey home was not good though. A contractor dug through a gas mains pipe so the A2 was closed for 3 hours. It was 7pm before I got in , so much for an early afternoon. I got my study cards out of the boot and made use of the time though.

In my own office tomorrow so I should get loads done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh the East End.....I love the images it conjures up in my mind. My CK was originally from the East End and has such a lovable cockney accent...I adore it...but then again I adore everything about CK.

I am so glad you will have down time for a week...try snatch a little Bridget time.

The tabs I take are Blackmore "Executive Stress Formular"....I dont like to go a day without them.. perhaps its psychological...but it works.

Meeeeeee
xxxx