Sunday, June 03, 2007

Miserable

Yet again my thoughts have been with SR today, thinking this time last year I was doing x,y,z.

The reason it is so fresh in my mind is that tomorrow is the anniversary of my last miscarriage. I remember that weekend so very well, He was so tender and caring, we had to make the decision whether to have an abortion (His preference) or trying to proceed with the pregnancy. Owing to a medical complication it would be an extremely problematical pregnancy. The decision was taken away. He bought me a plant on the day, a really unusual one, as a memorial, this was even before I lost the baby as the sensible thing to do was to have a termination. But we went out to the Royal Horticultural Gardens for the day and ended up in their nursery. He bought 2 identical plants, one for me and one for Him. I lost the baby at 1 am the following day. The funny thing is the plant is just coming into flower, it didn't flower for a couple of weeks last year but it is going to be at its height tomorrow. I wonder how His is doing?

Other than that I have spent the weekend doing chores around the house and garden, and lots of study. I had planned for 4 hours but I have done nearer 7.


I've still not heard from the Dutchman.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my poor girl.... everything is hitting you at once. That always seems the way doesnt it?

Try and make the memories happy thoughts and positive thoughts. I do know that is so hard though.

The Dutchman is obviously still away. And yes, you would get delivery reports for your texts from UK to Holland, so rest assured He is not ignoring you and breathe easy about that problem.

Hope you wake up feeling happier on Monday sweetness.

Hugs and kisses

rosie
xxxx

staGGer said...

That is awful & a year is just a moment. be strong

milla said...

A really really hard time. It must still seem so fresh. My thoughts are with you, maybe grab a girlfriend and go out for a nice meal. My thoughts are with you.

--[milla]

Anonymous said...

Nudges you.....

You okay sweet?

Remember that you only really remember good times and not bad times.

Would it be possible to pick a flower from that beautiful plant that is so memorable for you, dry it and frame it? (or even have it professionally done?)

That way its close, its permanent, its special and perhaps it would help with your loss and greivance?

SmooOOOOooooCHHHHhhhh, its hard, I do know sweet thing, but no matter how many times someone says "oh I know how you feel" its so very hard to comprehend that anyone could possibly know how it feels to have a miscarriage, particulary when it was more than just a little life, it was your life, your life with SR and your life making a family together. I do understand Bridget and I care for you so much....

Hugs you.

rosie
xxxx

The Real Bridget Jones said...

Thank you all for your kind thoughts. I appreciate it so very much.

Bridget
xxxx