Thursday, June 21, 2007

Drying off

Made it home from Wales via Somerset, guess which idiot booked an appointment in deepest darkest Somerset when the Glastonbury festival is just starting. I spent the morning swamped by multi coloured Volkswagon camper vans. Made me smile though even if I was a little late. Oops!!

Then I decided to compound it by driving home. I set the sat nav and trundled off, right past Stonehenge during the summer solstice...... hmmmm, is someone up there trying to tell me I live life at too much of a rush?

I got home and did all of my laundry, hung it out and got it almost dry, pretty good since the last three days have been spent dodging torrential rain and mudslides.

I'm trying to be positive. Dutchman has done this before and then after I have given up hope I get a phone call as if nothing has happened.

I'm trying to concoct a plan for if he does. What do I do? What do I do?

I've said before that he is such a livewire, unpredictable, crushingly embarrassing in his openess, totally the opposite to the secure, safe guy I need in my life. But he has always given me butterflies, the type of thrill you get from something dangerous. Can I see myself walking into the sunset i my twilight years? Probably not. This is all probably irelevant, he may never return.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bloody men..... its like the watched kettle.... it never boils eh? and the minute you walk away and tell yourself the element has fizzled out....whoossshhh it boils..... just when you decided you didnt NEED that hot water, when you got it straight in your head that you NEVER had to have the hot water ever again....bloody kettles.....

xxxx

The Real Bridget Jones said...

That is just so darn true Rosie!
(Shuffles off to work muttering)