Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Smiles

A watched phone never rings, but perhaps one you glance at once or twice might beep?
The Dutchman text this morning to say he was on his way home and then rang me from the port when he got back to Kent. We chatted for 20 minutes and as ever he wound me up, teased me, flirted, cared. I have such a maelstrom of emotions with this man. He has the knack of producing every emotion known to woman.

I hate it when he goes home as his accent is so thick when he returns, and combined with a mobile phone I sometimes struggle to understand him which he teases me for. He can be so juvenile one minute and the next he makes me feel like the only woman on earth. It would never last would it? And yet when I don't hear from him I feel like there is something missing. I don't know what to do with him for sanity. My family would hate him, they never did meet him when we were dating as I don't live on their doorstep. They hated SR as the Dutchman is zanier. He is very ...... continental. By that I mean he is blunt. My family is very English. We don't talk about anything important emotionally. Stiff upper lip, and I know that sounds old fashioned but it's the way my family are. If he wants to say something he does, if he thinks it he says it. That's how I know my family would not approve. Mentally he was always tender with me and if I was upset he was so gentle. He is a big flirt and I remember one time he took it too far. We were in a pub, and I just welled up (PMT) he took one look at my red eyes and was mortified and devoted 110% of his attention to me afterwards. He is totally anti-establishment and I'm quite a conformist.

Now, on the other side of the coin (literally) my other friend also made contact after his weekend away. On the surface my family would love him. He has a respectable job, a respectable sense of humour and would never embarrass me. (well, not in the same way) we met through a lifestyle group, and have faded in and out of each other's lives over the last 12 months or so. When I first found out about SR's interests I set out to find out more, this guy has acted as a mentor. He expressed an interest in taking it further when things went down the pan with SR. Then I met CM and fell back into a vanilla lifestyle and once more that did not work.
Does it sound strange that I am too independent and headstrong to have a vanilla relationship and yet I thrive in a D/s one?

We keep making arrangements to meet up and things keep thwarting us. I know I always say things happen for a reason, but if I'm using my head not my heart I feel that long term he is better for me. Perhaps I just need one last mad fling with the Dutchman to prove it though?

I sound like such a tart! I'm not...honest, well only when I'm told to be....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder how many times you mentioned that "your family wouldnt approve"?

Twitches....

Scrunches.....

Family are wonderful, loving, caring, always there, and....will remain there...forever.

You are an individual, you have your own opinions, own emotions, own thoughts and own ideals.

Your family WILL ALWAYS be there, not matter how "stiff upper lipped" or "conservative", they will not turn you away sweetness.

Stop and think what you want and take away the reactions of others.

You mention that DM is very caring and the minute he sees you upset he stops his teasing and he is "with you 110%". My Master is like that and my Master is a huge flirt. Its just Him, but He loves ME. I accept it.

So far as your family liking or disliking DM (or any other for that matter), why not allow yourself to trust enough....just try trusting a little bit more in the people that appeal to you, perhaps they will modify their behaviour because they care about you? Perhaps they will actually know how to act with "stiff upper lipped English"?

Why not give it a chance?

What do you have to lose?

You wont lose your family. You may or may not work things out with DM, but...whats the saying?

"Opportunity is a brief visitor"?

Or, there may actually be a more appropriate one in the comments on my blog which Winston Churchill once said...

Ok...I am rambling, I wish I knew exactly the circumstance. It is so easy to comment and "judge" on only the half that you have written. So please only pick the bits that I have said that are relevant and remember I dont know the whole and complete story, I just try and help with what you have written, and only what you have written. I try not to "assume" and I am also very aware that there is always more.

So forgive me if I have it all wrong.

Love and hugs and smooches and BTW...this post was an "UP" post of yours and I like it when you sound happy!!!! So something must be right....right?

rosie
xxxx

staGGer said...

Hey msJones, I see you're on the horns of a dilemma there. Torn between the flying dutchman & Hugh Grant huh? Had a choice to make along those lines a few years ago, overdithered of stuffed them both round. Amazingly neither of them hate me. But up-yours really - I find it difficult to feel sorry for horny women. :-) is that the right emotocon? I feel so middle aged!
And as for family, I find it easier just to be neurotic about them.
That will be all.

staGGer

The Real Bridget Jones said...

Hi Rosie,

My family make life very difficult when they disapprove of my partner. SR was banned from the house,makes things very awkward and the Dutchman is just himself and will never change.

Could be very interesting.



watch ths space




Smooches
Bridget
xxxx

The Real Bridget Jones said...

Blushmaker,

A dilemma indeed and no nearer resolution!

Enough to turn a girl to red wine and chocolates!

Bridget