Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Gek

Don't ask how it happened but I have just booked a weekend in Amsterdam with my parents.

I don't know, one moment we were chatting, the next I was online booking it, there are bulb gardens in keukenhof that she wanted to see and in a moment of madness I said let's do it.

Holland here we come and no it's just a coincidence, and if we happen to meet crazy Dutch people to break her in gently then so be it. :)

I only know a couple of Dutch words gek=crazy, the first word i learned, in the context of ik ben gek over u (may have got the spelling and grammar wrong?)

and t'gaat, t'gaat as a reply to 'hoe gaat het met jij?'

Not mentioning the rude words (giggle) can't teach mother those!

2 comments:

staGGer said...

Chortle chortle (oh my aching sides). Visions of a dutch fawlty towers hosting a lifestyle convention. hmm, sex in clogs?, clogs superglued to the floor? a sub on each arm of a spinning windmill? Whipping them as they pass?
Oh sorry Mrs Jones, didn't realise your had your daughters login.

The Real Bridget Jones said...

Don't tell her that! who knows what reaction you may get!

She may never talk to me again!