Friday, May 11, 2007

Decorating done (sort of)

Well, the decorator finished today, there's a couple of bits that I'm not happy with so I want to fiddle with them. (Perfectionist that I am!)

The Dutchman rang too. I must have been really sensitive today as his teasing got to me a bit. I must have gone quiet as he backed off and tried to reassure me. (I am so high maintenance?)

I don't mean to be high maintenance, but I think I must be. I can be really sensitive sometimes. I wish I could learn to just shrug things off and laugh.

The upshot of the conversation is he is planning to drop in and surprise me sometime, I told him I would rather know, what happens if he comes when I'm emptying the loft and all scruffy? I want our meeting (if it ever happens ) to be perfect, I want to look my best, have done all the girly stuff, you know the type of thing - not a stray hair anywhere! Be scrubbed up and sexy not in my sweats!


I feel really unsettled.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah I would also....

Now is he in the UK or in Holland and if in Holland will you see him when you go to Amsterdam and have you told him of your trip?

Next time you talk with him perhaps actually make a time to see him and say rather forcefully you dont want a surprise?

r

staGGer said...

"These dutch are crazy" (cartoon thought bubble to Asterex drinking magic potion made by Getafix)

The Real Bridget Jones said...

He's in the UK, 20 miles from me! I told him about the trip and he advised me not to take my mother to the red light district. good advise I suppose?

I did tell him I wasn't up for a surprise but will he listen?

And yes Blushmaker, the Dutch are totally...gek!

Anonymous said...

Well if he is only 20 miles away you should invite him for dinner to negate the surprise.....

The Real Bridget Jones said...

It's getting the bravery up to do that Rosie. I'm scared of reactions, mine, his etc.

All the what-ifs are running through my brain.


Deep breath!!

Bridget