Wednesday, May 02, 2007

I.T. Who'd have it?

I spent the morning fighting with outlook and printers and trying to get them to work with no luck. This afternoon therefore was spent catching up. This was not made easier by people's inability to follow a set of questions. A colleague sent out a questionnaire that they had to reply with either a 'yes or know' or a '1,2,3' answer, this would enable it to be cut and paste into an excel spreadsheet that has all the formulas built in to calculate the number of responses of each type. 270 people have to answer it and out of the first 40, 18 of them I have had to e-mail to clarify written responses. Some of them I could work out from what they said but not others. Now, had they all not been able to do it I would have questioned the phrasing of it but no, they just cant follow instructions. The people who are replying are all at executive level too. Makes you worry about the future of the firm!!!

I have an electrician calling tomorrow, I thought that before I get redecorated I should put an extra socket or two in, save ruining the new decor. Whilst I'm at it if he checks the rest of the electrics I'll be a bit happier. The fuse box is an old fashioned wired one that has seen its day. It should be on a proper consumer unit so, that too needs to change, mortgage number 2 coming up!

Ah well, let's write a list...........

No comments: