Sunday, March 25, 2007

Sunday

Where do I start, last weekend I felt really relaxed and comfortable with him. Now I don't know what to think or feel.

Thursday evening he knew I was upset but left it 4 hours before he rang. I didn't pick up. He then rang my mobile and then text me. He then rang the home phone again. I left it an hour and text him to say that I would drop his things off on Friday, if he was out i would leave them with the builders.

He text back saying we should talk so I bathed and went to bed. He text Friday morning to say that he still wanted me to come for the weekend. I said I wasn't sure.

I didn't leave work until late and when I got to his he was hoe. And guess what. So was she!!! She was at his house as she has loaned him a bed. She then told him to put the kettle on. Whilst he was in the kitchen she asked if we had had a tiff as the atmosphere was frosty. I didn't elaborate to much, she was there for ages.

When she eventually left she whispered that she would leave us alone for a 'team talk'. I'm struggling for words here.

The patronising bitch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111

Sorry, I looked for a politically correct way of explaining my feelings and couldn't. We sat for a couple of hours and talked. I told him exactly what was troubling me, about how she was always there and he always spoke of her. He explained that over the last few years they had leaned on each other and he found it hard to stop now. I explained that I hated the way he told her everything and he has promised not to. He admitted that he had told her about the current tiff. So her 'detecting a frosty atmosphere' was a load of rubbish. I had done my best to cover it and be light and easy in her presence.

He even told me he loved me, something that is rarely said, indeed never unless I bring up the conversation. He did not realise how upset I was.

I dried my eyes and we went to his friends' who were getting married. It was the first time I had met them. They were so welcoming and friendly towards me.

The wedding yesterday went well and again I was made welcome by his friends and he was very attentive despite his duties as best man. He kept me near all day. Today was finishing off those duties and seeing them all again, taking the presents over and the suits to the hire shop.

I couldn't let him touch me though. I was still too fraught. No doubt I shall be back where I was last week by next week but... oh I don't know......

Am I flogging a dead horse? I believe he does genuinely care but he finds it hard to express his feelings. I find this hard as I get so insecure. History has made me this way and however hard I try to break the Pavlovian conditioning it still lurks there in the back.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you flogging a dead horse? sweetness I have asked myself a thousand times over, in many relationships.

Over time I have learnt to keep putting myself out there (I think) and that if a relationship breaks down, then at least I can say I was true to my feelings, honest in expressing them and, mostly, I always stick my heart on my sleeve.

I have been hurt, manipulated, used and treated expremely badly in my younger relationships, yet, I figure that if those relationships had ended and I had not expressed myself I would always "blame" myself for their end.

Now, being older and just a small amount wiser, I have vowed to always put myself right in that vulnerable spot. Take it, or, leave it. I am me, I am insecure, I am jealous, I am ferosciously loyal, but at least, if a relationship I am in, breaks down, I can say that I gave it everything I had and I can accept someone walking from me, content in the knowledge that I did all that I could to save that particular relationship.

Now, saying that, I have never, ever ended a relationship, never. I have always been on the receiving end. That hurts, but to hold your head high, to say that you have given and expressed everything that you ever needed to and still have the person discard you, ultimately, later, rather than sooner it makes you grow and it makes you grow inside as a whole being.

I personally do not think you are "flogging a dead horse", because although it may be falling on deaf ears and although CM may be finding it difficult to comprehend regardless of which path the relationship takes, the only horse you are flogging is yourself.

Do NOT beat yourself up for saying how you feel. Say how you feel and then be calm. Calm because you are a stronger person to be able to express yourself, rather than weaker and not express yourself, or weaker by saying something you do not mean.

Do not become caught up in it hon, do not allow it to freeze you physically, that is not healthy, place parcels of imformation you gain and pieces of material you give into compartments inside of you, but do not allow them to intermingle to the point where you cannot be physically active.

The sexual side of a relationship allows both people to dissolve their differences and melt together, it enhances good and dissipates the bad. If you freeze after a conversation with CM where he has thought that the conversation had been resolved, then you are going to go right back to the begining of where and when you started expressing yourself to Him.

Allow yourself to speak, allow him to speak, come to a middle ground and honey, get physical, allow yourself that. When the two of you are physical your writing appears to be full of happiness, when you do not allow yourself that freedom of physical expression you become caught in worry.

Have the talks, keep having the talks, but leave the talks in the dining room, dont continue them into the bedroom.

I wonder if all that makes sense? I am not sure it does, I am just writing as it comes to me.

Bridget, I want for you the world, you are such a gentle, loving caring person.

Love and hugs sweetness

rosie
xxxx

The Real Bridget Jones said...

Thank you Rosie, as ever you are right. Twice I have suggested ending the relationship and twice he has said no, let's keep trying. I think I'm scared of committing to someone who will either walk away or be involved with someone else.
I'm not seeing him until Friday so I have time to try and settle myself.
Relationships who'd have em?
Even today he is laying her floor. I must stop being jealous and wondering what they are discussing.
Ah well, time will tell!
hugs and kisses
Bridget
xxxxx