Sunday, March 04, 2007

Home again

I was really really positive on Friday. I was going to work really hard with Coffee Man to put all the stress and problems behind us and it worked until about 6pm.

We decided to go to the pictures, and then he said 'why don't we invite my friend - it's up to you, but she is home this weekend and she's had a heavy week'

Well, put like that I couldn't say no. But we were going to see the film that I have wanted to see for ages so ok. When we got there she queried the film but Coffee Man was firm and said 'no, we are seeing this one'. The pair of them crunched and slurped their way through the film then afterwards said it wasn't really their cup of tea.

We went to a pizza place afterwards as we had not had time for dinner, I felt like a gooseberry. Then I picked up the tab. Coffee Man had paid for the cinema, I paid for their drinks and popcorn). This sounds really churlish and mean and it is not meant that way. Usually whichever of us pays for the film and nibbles - the other does the meal. His friend just took it as read that I would pick up the bills. Not even an offer or a contribution.

Things had been normal on Friday night, we had a great evening, it was loving and sensual. Last night though when we went to bed I could not even bear him to touch me.

I had made the decision to try and make this work but three people in the equation doesn't work. She knew every detail of the row we had had the week before when I told him it was over. Back where I was before.

3 comments:

milla said...

Jesus, that's not cool! Is it time for an ultimatum? She sounds like a bit of a cow. :\

--[milla]

Anonymous said...

*Wrinkles nose*

Bridget you are too compassionate, too caring, and too worried about NOT doing the right thing... by others.

BUT you are forgetting number 1 and you are forgetting number 1 because you are worried that if you say "no I dont want her to come to the pictures", you are worried that Coffee Man is going to be annoyed and then you are worried that you will lose him because of his annoyance. (sweetness....dont slip back into that okay honey?)

Try concentrate on your feelings hon, you are perfectly justified in having a little moan in his ear and whispering...."I just want it to be you and I tonight".

Having her there consistently is just building resentment. If on the other hand her holiday is imminent, as in within the week, yes ok, you can handle it, but long term ....nope....nope....nope.... you need to think of number 1 and number 2, you should not consider yourself number 3 and neither should CM.

I wish I could come to your place, have a glass of Baileys and chat to you, we would keep eachother on track hon.

Love and kisses and chin up girl, your first ever blogging entries were full of hope, full of "This is me, I am getting it together, although sad, but becoming independent" stuff, dont loose sight of "The Real Bridget".

Go strut your stuff Bridget and dont take crap! Head up, boobs out, chin high and remain secure in your own self worth, cause you are worth your weight in gold girl.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

s

The Real Bridget Jones said...

You are so right (as ever) I'm slipping back into the making everyone happy but me phase again. losing sight of me and who I am.

He either wants me or he doesn't. He said he wanted to try again well that's just it, he needs to try and not just drop everything the minute C calls.

I know she's been in his life for 14 years but if she had someone in her life he wouldn't stand a look in.

She uses him for what he can do for her. (Yes I know he helped out with my plumbing but I was not only willing but did indeed get a plumber in.) He has done half of her building works for her.

We need to talk!
I wish you were here too rosie. You are so sensible!

Let's await his call when he gets in!

Thanks girls
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx