Sunday, August 26, 2007

Lunch

I went to lunch with SR's daughter and her boyfriend in their new home today. The first time we have really really chatted since the break up. She assured me it was safe as he had taken her to France for the weekend!

I tried to avoid her father's name coming up but she brought it up first. Primarily because she hates his new girlfriend (she calls her the witch) apparently she is really smug about 'winning' him. What she doesn't know and his daughter does is that he is also having intimate relations with a married woman. (snigger)

She feels forced out of her own home by this woman and her kids, she came home from uni (expected) to find her sons in her bedroom and no room for her in her own home. Her father defends the witch (as she shall henceforth be known) even before his own kids. The youngest daughter goes out drinking until 3am in the morning 3 times a week and barely scraped through her GCSEs. I am worried about her but can't do anything, her father ignores it whilst it does not interfere with his life.

I met his ex-wife once after a problem with the youngest last year, funnily enough I found out today that we actually have a mutual appreciation society. Odd huh?

So today was quite enlightening. I walked to the shop with the boyfriend whilst daughter no 1 made lunch, I got the unbiased side from him, he really hates SR for what he did to me. My next problem though is their house warming party, they want me to go but He will be there with the witch. What do I do???

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its always nice to dig dirt isnt it?

As for the house warming.....hmmmm is it going to break your heart?

Hugs

xxxx

The Real Bridget Jones said...

I've been thinking, I have an incredibly handsome bestest friend that SR never met... maybe he could accompany me....
He also dryed me up and sorted me out at the time so would be looking out for me that way too....
Just a thought..
Hugs
Bridget
xxxxx

Anonymous said...

I hate to see kids like this. I know its not you job but have you ever considered offering this child a home with you? Its none of my business - my impulse control & anti-busybody circuts are messed up by the meds.

The Real Bridget Jones said...

I would love nothing better than to have her here with me. Her own mother said that I had a good relationship with her and she listened to me because I wasn't mother, sister, aunt etc.

The only problem is that 1) I am away so much and 2) I live a distance from them so school and friends would be inaccessible (no bad thing for some of her friends)I think I will try and up the contact with her though and ask her to come along with me when I'm doing stuff, get her over for weekends etc.
I can't just see her spiral into drink, drugs and god knows what else.
Thanks for your helpful comment Stagger
Hugs
Bridget