Thursday, July 05, 2007

Good news / bad news

Well, despite 1500 people in between and his meeting being in another building, I found a certain someone by my desk. As the door is nearby and he had not walked past and when he left he went straight out, would I be wrong to assume he sought me out?

We got chatting, I didn't flirt, although I was accused of 'twinkling' today, but then I had been 'twinkling' since I walked in the door so nobody put 2 and 2 together.

I (subtlely I think) asked how his journey home had been. He had not got back until late either, so I asked if his dinner was ready as he walked in the door, he laughed and said you don't know my gf! Damn damn damn! He then gave me a 'look' and smiled. I blushed.

He then invited me to his site and offered to take me out for lunch. Our areas never collide, there is never a need for my dept to interact with his.

So what was I to do but accept!

He kissed my cheek goodbye (not uncommon within the organisation) and my colleague came over and stated that she didn't realise that we knew each other, (they work together often) I told her that we had only met the day before to which she complained that she never got a kiss goodbye and they'd known each other years.

It is such an odd situation. He has such a D personality and the s in me just bows down to it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ummm do we have phone numbers? Did he mention his girlfriend? What did you talk about? Does he live close (ish) to you? Ummmm will there be a chance that you may just "happen" to cross paths again?

Obviously he sought you out. Obviously there is a really intense chemistry happening between the two of you.... wow that does not happen often.... dont let it slide hon....

BTW thanks for your text, sorry mine was a bit jumbled back, I had only just woken and coffee is a necessity for me when I wake... a real necessity so I guess I managed to text "coffee first" without explaining myself.... I am a bit incomprehensible in the mornings....

Hope he took your phone number....

xxxx

The Real Bridget Jones said...

hugs the sleepy Rosie!

We automatically have phone numbers, as they are co. mobiles, the only mention of his gf was a pulled face and a wrinkled nose when he responded "you obviously don't know my gf" when I asked if his dinner would be on the table. She doesn't look after him from the sound of things!!!

Yes, there is chemistry, unmistakeable chemistry but all the time he is taken I won't do anything. There is a daughter involved too.

The other problem (you'll laugh here with your logistics) is that he is as far west as I am east, so accidentally bumping into him will be rather contrived!

Typical huh?
Off to work, TGIF!

Anonymous said...

Its good that he's upfront about having a gf. Clearly keen. Maybe the stars are lining up for you. & I'm in awe of the questions you asked him - way to swap info!

The Real Bridget Jones said...

in favour of the 'grilling' technique then Stagger (grin) I did try to be subtle - honest!