Sunday, May 17, 2009

Ok, I wasn't nervous...

It's Sunday, that means it's nearly next Saturday and the American that I have 'known' for years will become more than just words on a screen and a voice on the phone.

He will be here, all 6' of Him. I wasn't at all nervous, but then I read Rosie's post. I have so much to do! Waxing, washing, polishing, tidying, mowing, and that's just the house!

He has booked into a hotel, (safety first Rosie - His idea) and will be here for 5 days, He has some work to do in the City whilst He is here but that will not take long, He added some extra days to a business trip.

I am so looking forward to it but likewise, what if He hates me? I can be so darn annoying, I am feeling really chubby and He is tall and slim and oh I don't know.

Nerves have struck.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ewps! Sorry!

xxxx

Anonymous said...

Do not say that you can be annoying! If you go in with that mindset then you will be thinking that the whole time. Obviously you have a connection, no matter what the future is you both deserve to explore the connection. Remember, you might not 'have it' for him either! It's a two way thing, and I think the best idea is to relax, don't overanalyse!

You deserve this, just relaxxxxxx. Lots of love and best wishes for the meeting.

Imagine him in the nude! That will start you giggling.
xxx

The Real Bridget Jones said...

I wrote a post and it crashed ...grrrr

I would have been nervous anyway Rosie..i am doing ok at the minute, but the weekend is speeding my way.

Thank you Velvet, common sense as ever, I had not even considered the possibility I may not like Him. How daft am I?

Hugs to both of her wonderful friends

Bridget
xxxx

Anonymous said...

You will like Him... but Velvet is correct, dont over analyse!

I cant WAIT to get all the details afterwards. Can you possibly pop in here while He is there and just say something like "yes He is a winner" or "nope He is a freak" just to put us out of our misery (and you must consider US before you... right? *grin*) because we will be waiting....

The Real Bridget Jones said...

*grins* i'm sure i can manage that Rosie, if He lets me? *wink*

3 days to go!

Deep breaths!

Hugs
Bridget
xxxx

Anonymous said...

Oh I like this quote on your blog...

"Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well".

Hmmm food for thought there on every level.

Friday morning for you my darling, I wish you the bestest, happiest, sweetest, breath taking encounter possible for the next few days.

And

I am thinking of you, I know what you are feeling very well and I know our friend Velvet does also. I am sure I can speak for her and say we both hope it goes wonderfully well. (Just in case she is out tonight working and cant post I am speaking for her cause I know she feels as I do)

Love & hugs and smooches and another hug to stop your lil knees from wobbling.

Smiles

xxxx

s

Anonymous said...

Is He there yet?